Moving our congregants from the Courage Center parking lot to our church home!
Team Leader: Bill Boquist
Bill has been the team leader of this ministry since 2006. When he first started, he was the only one running the bus for about two to three years. He has now built a team of four people, so that each one drives one Sunday a month. Bill says this is a natural place for him to serve because he loves to drive and he likes meeting people. And he drives a truck for a living, so it seems to be a good fit for him.
Not only is Bill a great driver, and a great team leader, he also models the welcoming spirit of Unity Christ Church. For congregants who park at the Courage Center, the bus driver is the first one they meet, and all the bus drivers want that to be a great experience!!
About This Ministry
Bus drivers give people a ride from the overflow parking lot to the church for the 11:00 Sunday Service. The bus runs from 10:30 am until 1:00 pm. About five trips are made bringing people up before the service and five trips bringing people down after the service, for a total of 20 trips up and down Sunday morning. There is time for bus drivers to attend the service, although they will be a little late.
- You need a valid Minnesota drivers license – nothing special.
- The church has insurance on the bus.
- New drivers are trained by one of the drivers and then are assisted for as long as needed. There are written procedures as well.
- Who should volunteer for the shuttle bus ministry?
- This ministry is for those who like to drive, who enjoy meditating and enjoy nature, and are good at greeting people.
- Provide transportation to those who need a ride from the overflow parking lot to the church.
- Be kind, courteous and helpful as we represent Unity Christ Church.
- Drive safely and give the people a secure and warm feeling so they will want to take the bus again.
- Provide everyone with a good experience so that they have a good feeling about Unity Christ Church and the Shuttle Bus Ministry.